Wednesday, February 4, 2015

BALI SHOPPING- ART

All you need to know about buying Art in Bali

If you are an often traveller to Bali you'd know what shopping fazes they go through.
Like the hippie geanie pants, they will never go out of fashion!
For some reason you'll see wooded penises being sold everywhere, fireworks, BB guns, rip off sunnies and of course the basketball jerseys. Wait, I can't forget the Ketut and Rhonda shirts, c'mon Bali thats old news!
But now Bali shopping seems to have a new trend, and thats Art!
On every street you'll find various shopping selling canvases with beautiful Art. I couldn't help my self and all together I came home with 4 paintings and 4 poster like pieces (i'll show you a photo below).
Obviously you can't take the paintings home while their stuck to the wooden canvas, so the shop keepers take them off of the frame and role the paintings up for you to take home.


Shopping in Bali is always a must. If you've visited Bali more than once you always say that the next time you go you won't shop this time. Thats exactly what I said before I went this time, and what did I do.... I shopped almost as much as last time! I find bartering just addictive, and even though some of the stuff I buy never goes to good use, I still just love shopping in Bali.
For some people bartering can be stressful and exhausting, and it is! But thats the fun of it, its a bit of a laugh and trust me you can get good bargains.

Bartering isn't for some people, but if you know how you can get the prices you want.
when bartering for the pairings, the sellers usually start with something ridiculous like $100, DO NOT PAY THIS MUCH. I am telling you, you are getting ripped off if you pay that much. Personally I wouldn't pay anymore then $25 for any of my paintings. An they give excuses like no this is oil paining, very expensive. Do not fall for that, the pairings are massed produced and barely any of them are unique unless your shopping in Seminyak.

Seminyak paintings are all higher costing, and you'll expect to pay Australian prices, for example I found this beautiful painting in a boutique and it was $150.
Personally I am happy with the types of paintings I was getting for $20, they were beautiful!
Heres some Art that you can expect to see in Bali, I found myself buying a lot of elephant paintings which aren't hard to find trust me.

AREAS TO BUY
Seminyak; More expensive- Unique paintings.
Kuta- Can find a bargain but expect to be bartering a lot. Bartering in Kuta can be tricky as they get a lot of tourists around their and they try and rip you off!
Legian- Great for buying art or anything really! This is where i managed to get a lot of my cheap ones.
Beach- Anywhere along the beach you'll find people selling anything and everything. They seem to be a lot more desperate so expect to find a lot of bargains here as well!













0 comments:

Post a Comment